JOB PURPOSE: The Team Leader assists the Shift Supervisor in supervising all the activities of the members of the shift to ensure that the plants operate safely, continuously, consistently, efficiently and economically. It is both administrative and skilled job requiring in-depth technical knowledge of the process and leadership.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB: The job holder assists the Shift Supervisor in conducting actual implementation of work and monitoring shift activities in AEU or in BDEU. Supervision work is conducted within written procedures and problems are solved within established procedures and well-known precedents. The job holder specializes in both DCS and field operations.
1. Assists the Shift Supervisor in implementing and monitoring Department’s Key Performance Indicators
2. Ensures that appropriate safety, health, and environmental practices are implemented and observed throughout the company to meet statutory and regulatory requirements and corporate standards
3. Ensures all personnel are aware and knowledgeable of all SOP’s and WIP’s.
4. Assists the Shift Supervisor in coordinating with other departments to ensure timely support and adequate supply of raw materials and utilities.
5. Provides shift follow-up actions to assigned unit area operations personnel and ensures daily instructions are fully understood and well applied.
6. Patrols the plant periodically to investigate the condition of equipment, instrument, etc.
7. Brings to Shift Supervisor’s attention any periodic checks, adjustments, follow-up on any maintenance activity, whether requiring shutdown or not.
8. Inspects process areas for leaks and spills and take actions to control and/or stop leaks as they occur and coordinate with Shift Supervisor and Field Technicians as well as Panel Engineer.
9. Motivates and leads employees to ensure good working relations and maximum team condition
10. Assists the Shift Supervisor in assessing direct reports’ potential areas for improvement, training needs, and recommends personnel for applicable assessments on time
11. Ensures chemical dosing rates are as specified in the chemical treatment plan and reports to Shift Supervisor
12. Ensures laboratory samples are collected as per sampling frequencies and correction actions, when necessary, are taken accordingly
13. Records equipment and instrument history
14. Recommends appropriate developmental programs/plant modifications and changes to operating and departmental procedures to improve the safety and efficiency of operations
15. In case of emergency, takes appropriate actions in accordance with Panel Engineer and Shift Supervisor
16. Receives emergency response training in preparation for emergencies
17. If appointed as temporary firefighting crew, acts as one of firefighting crew in case of emergency
1. Must be a Chemical Engineer
2. With at least 5 years of experience in operations in a Petroleum industry, at least 3 years of which in DCS operations
3. Proficient in DCS and field operations
4. Skilled in Asset and Plan Performance applications such as SAP modules, and in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook
5. Strong knowledge in work permit system, Confined Space Entry, LOTOTO procedures, and the like
6. Effective Communication Skills
7. Leadership Skills
8. Willing to train people
9. Good Interpersonal skills
OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. Ability to lift or carry 25-kg weight
4. Working at heights
5. Working in confined spaces
6. Able to work in outside conditions and adverse weather